Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pumpkin Ravioli


I picked up some great looking sheets of fresh spinach pasta the other day.
So I set about making Ravioli.

I ground up sesame seeds, salt, pepper corns, garlic, rosemary,
and fried it over low heat with butter and olive oil, later adding a little chili sauce.

I cut the pasta into squares, folded them over the filling
combined with pumpkin puree and goat cheese,
and wetted the edges, cinching them shut with a fork.

I cooked the pasta while steaming some Chinese long beans,
and sautéed wood ear mushrooms over high heat.

Coiled the cooked long beans atop some spinach leaves,
poured in some coconut milk and placed the cooked ravioli inside,
scattered the mushrooms and topped with a sprinkle of lemon juice, olive oil,
sunflower seeds, and goat cheese.

Of course pine nuts would have been a better choice for this dish,
but since none were handy, sunflower seeds make a good poor man's substitute.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive