Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ali is Retarded Bobby McFerrin!
Bassy Wheezy.mp3




We know Bobby McFerrin is a brilliant musician and composer
with perfect pitch and an incredible gift for voicing music:




Well what if instead he was horribly tone deaf
had little to no musical talent
and no equipment or experience?

Well you're about to find out.

So going to bed after the last no talking Tuesday,
I had a simple infectious baseline stuck in my head
but knew I wouldn't remember it in the morning.
Then I remembered my new Macbook
(Which I almost never use)
and figured there might be a way to record my voice on it
and sure enough there was.

So I proceeded to record myself voice the bass line,
I was about to close the computer and go to bed when I thought:
"Well I have some accompanying parts fresh in my head,
I might as well attempt to record myself voicing them as well..."

What proceeded over the next half hour was me recording myself
making all sorts of embarrassingly tone def half musical voiced sounds
all recorded on my Macbook and played back over itself.

I call the resulting nonsense "Bassy Wheezy"
and while I'm half convinced that if all the various layers
were transposed into real instruments played by competent musicians
the results could be decent, none the less, as it is now it's likely to inspire
embarrassed cringing, and deeply felt sentiments of pity:

Bassy Wheezy.mp3





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive