Monday, August 10, 2009

Corn Banana Soft Tacos

Sauteed:

Corn
, banana, chickpeas, zucchini, radish,
garlic, sun flower seeds, rosemary, honey, gee, olive oil, chili sauce, lemon juice,
with fresh tomato, goat cheese on white corn tortillas.

Though it may seem weird, I made it for the guys at work
and all were unanimous that the corn went awesome with the bananas.

My boss astutely observed however that rather than bananas I should have used sweet plantains
or "banana apples" as they would better compete with the heat of the chillies and I agree.

The combo came about however because in my recent bargain produce run from west Berkeley bowl
I got two giant bags of corn and bananas amongst other things (for a dollar each!)
and have been looking for ways to get through them,
especially since I would otherwise never cook with either.
(nothing against bananas or corn, just not something i reach for when grocery shopping,
hence my new commitment to going with the flow of the bargain produce
is forcing me into bold new territory)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive