Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Crappy Anime Style Painting... Woo Hoo!

I had to research and evaluate digital paint/sketch recording/playback options for work.
Basically a shot I'm doing for a french documentary about the Nile river in Egypt,
may require a hand done sketch reveal.

So I downloaded open canvas for the sketch recording/playback,
and camstasia for the screen recording ,and have been testing the programs.

I thought I'd perform an ode to my teenage years
and regress back into the world of crappy quasi-anime inspired pretty girl painting.
It's been a long time since my days of repeatedly drawing generic looking anime girls,
without reference, or thumbnails, or forethought.
And while I felt dirty inside the whole time,
on the other hand it was kind of nostalgic to find myself back in the world
of indulgent, undisciplined, crappy referential art.

Anyway, don't let the hyper fast playback speed fool you,
I spent about 20-30 minutes on this nonsense:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive