Tuesday, December 25, 2007

No Talking Tuesday # 13


Well this Tuesday finds me making more mistakes.
Sadly I seem to be getting stupider with each passing Tuesday,
I trend I hope reverses soon…

Anyway, my mistake this time occurred while I was eating lunch in a Thai restaurant.
I was knee deep in Tropic of Cancer, about to finish the last remaining pages,
when the women sitting to my right pointed towards my nearly finished plate of food,
and commented “That looks good…”

Apparently it was the first time one of them had been to a Thai restaurant
and was looking for something user friendly to help her cross the threshold.
Myself being half conscious,
still submerged in artistic reveries of depraved Frenchmen,
and the derelict/sensual surrounding they live in,
I motioned to my plate and said “Pad see ew”, “Pad see ew is pretty safe”.

Of course I immediately realized my mistake and felt awful.


The List:

I didn’t get fried rice
or 2 T/C
just the pad see ew

May I have a small hot milk
with hazelnut

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive