Sunday, November 11, 2007

No Talking Tuesday #7

So I should explain a self-imposed No-Talking-Tuesday stipulation.
The no talking time is not from midnight to midnight.
Rather, from midnight to whenever I go to sleep the following night.
So this means that my no talking often lasts longer than 24 hours.
(Usually 30-40 hours.)

The reason for this is that I often go to bed really late
and wake up later than most for my work.
So going from midnight to midnight would only cover
about half my waking time for that day.
To air on the side of caution, I extend the no-talking
until sometime Wednesday morning when I finally go to bed
(usually between 2:30 and 6:00 am).

That being said, this was the first Tuesday where this became relevant:

I was helping with late night 3d scanning
of the Temple of the Warriors” at
Chichén Itzá.
I alerted my teammates a few minutes before midnight Monday night
then continued to work until three or four a.m in silence.

Then the following night (Tuesday night)
I was out scanning again and didn’t get back to the hotel until four a.m(wed).
This proved especially awkward because a new team member I haven’t met
(he didn’t know about my Tuesdays) had arrived while I was out scanning,
and I entered the hotel to find him awake in bed,
obscured in darkness, trying his best to greet me cordially.
For my part I stalked the room in silence and eventually sat on my bed
across from him and scribbled my final no talking Tuesday words…

The List:

I haven’t learned
registration yet

It might be easier
to keep doing this
no burn.

Why leave?
only 1:30


Pineapple jugo?

Enchiladas de pollo
- mole saue

Want to check what
i'm doing, and make
sure im on the
right track?

Mainly lighting

Too theatrical?
not natural enough?

For that should
I not worry about
painted color and
restoration?

All that red paint
will look black at
night no?

What’s my schedule
today/tonight?
Am I scanning?

If I stay here
I can hopefully
Get the diff.
Color comps done


Pinaple jugo
Por favor

Im going to
Be in the lab
Tonight.

Que?

1 order por favor

Why am I going to
Mayaland?


Laundry?
- Ali Jamalzadeh

I dropped it off
Earlier today

I already did


I’m not talking
Tonight.
A.) Nah. I was working
On some color boards
At the lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive