Wednesday, October 03, 2007

No Talking Tuesdays #2

I’m sorry to report that my second no talking Tuesday
was a tragic failure…

I was hoping to go years before breaking my no talking oath,
and I only managed to go a week. : (

I wore my helmet again (white one this time)
After work I decided to go to the gym to swim.

Of course I couldn’t wear my helmet in the water.
So doing stretches by the side of the pool,
(Without my helmet reminder),
I accidentally said out-loud “Thanks”
to the guy getting out the pool,
Whereby freeing a lane for me.

I immediately realized my mistake,
and was so mad,
I forced myself to swim all my laps without a break.
(Oddly enough,
I never finished with less fatigue or cramping.
Maybe because I started riding my fixie
and developed more leg strength?)

As if that wasn’t enough,
afterwards, when I got changed in the locker room
I checked my voicemail
and again without thinking (still no helmet)
I returned a call to my cousin
Saying I was available to get dinner.

This time I was less mad than flabbergasted at myself,
I just spent the last half hour angrily swimming
thinking of how stupid I had been to break my oath
And here I did it again.

But when we met for dinner,
it was no-talking business as usual.

Oh well.
I’ll be more on guard in the coming weeks.

*NOTE
During dinner, my cousin got frustrated with my no-talking
and snatched my writing pad to force me to speak.
I wrote on my napkin until she returned my pad
A few minutes later.

But I forgot the napkin at the restaurant!
Luckily I remembered most all of what I wrote
And in what order, but there are still probably
A few lines missing from this weeks list.

The List

Joe’s anti piracy?

Falafel pita
Water (bottle)

Which Zelda?

The I-max screens are more

So what do you call that?

The back of that woman’s
head/neck is totally
seducing me.

I need resolution : (

You’re dressed like a communist

So I finished the diffuse and
normal texture, what should
I name it?

That was epic

You down with M83?

Electronic music
He’s French, shame on you


So I forgot when I called
you back, I betrayed
my oath…

Im not talking today

But I can write

What are you craving?

Forget it, ill cook when
I get home

I have food at home. Its ok.
Don’t tadouf (farsi)

Do you want to smooch him?

Every Tuesday = no talking Tuesday

Forever

Use this opportunity to expound
At great length what’s
On your mind

Large tortilla soup please

You can get your elaborate salad here

The waitress has a be-witching swagger

Truer words were never spoken

Your being very L.A. right now >:(

It’s a respectable occupation
But I bet you could aim higher

Doctor?

You just graduated

Dentistry/orthodontics

Maybe owning a small business

Whore house

Why do you know so many Asian virgins?

I totally would, but im only
attracted to her swagger

I can’t stand it when bands cover “twist and shout”

Beatles

John Lennon recorded his vocals
in one take. The most famous
vocal take in recording music history
or so ive read

Your distress, amuses me

Borders still?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive