Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Far Too Long and Neurotic


I try to keep the seedy details of my personal life out of my 'art' blog.
But in keeping with the positive experience that was my previous piano themed silliness,
I thought this time I would go looking for legitimate romance... Well not really.
It was really more of a creative writing exercise, that if it did nothing else,
it would at least help me to articulate to myself, what specifically I'm looking for
in the romantic sector of my life.

But to my surprise I got a decent number of responses,
including one from a woman in L.A.
Who congratulated me on my internet fame
informing me my post was being linked around the world.
I assured her that if true, my in-box didn't reflect that scale by way of responses.

But a few responses I did get, and proceeded to pointlessly email hoop jump with a few women,
and hung out with a few others
and similiarly to the women I date in real life,
my deliberate character and self aware taste seems to filter for women I will get along with,
the same actually appears to be true on both sides.
It's as if something about the qualities I'm attracted to and the qualities women find attractive in me,
insures we are pre-screened us to get along.
Maybe it's just my not being attracted to ditsy big breasted bimbos,
and women not finding in me a typical board shorts wearing frat boy
helps insure we will get along easily if nothing else.


Nothing specifically romantic blossomed
(mostly because I started to get tangled in a real life romance that sort of diverted my attention)
And so it was, all the women I met I had a pleasant time with,
and I expanded my social network in the bay area, and am non the worse for the experience.

The post was as follows:






1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:57 PM

    This is the right attitude, if you don't know exactly what you want, no woman will be the right one.

    Though this whole Craigslist spiel seems still pretty bizarre to me. Crazy Americans.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive