Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Craig's List Piano Silliness

Now that I'm back up in the bay area, I sadly have much less face time with a piano.
After a few weeks I started jonzing pretty bad,
and began asking clerks at fancy hotel lobbies and in piano stores if i could play their pianos.
To my surprise in most cases they were happy to oblige, and even appreciated the gesture.
Which got me thinking if i might have any luck appealing to the interweb to satisfy one of my many whimsical cravings.

So I posted a Craig's list personal add under 'strictly platonic' to that end, and to my surprise got a couple of responses.
One in fact from a charming attractive young UC Berkeley woman who even offered to teach me theory and songs etc.
Whom I met up with and though we weren't allowed to use the piano room on campus at the time
we instead took a rather lovely stroll through a hiking trail above the campus and had a really nice time.

All in all it was a surprisingly edifying experience,
and taught me the internet is better at promoting real human interaction than i would have given it credit for.

The ad was as follows:







1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:37 PM

    This is awesome.

    I have, surprisingly, the same problem. And I'm too shy to play anyone else's piano so I simply drew the keys on a desk I don't need and decided that I'm going to buy my own piano as soon as I have mastered playing my desk.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive