Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Self Portrait

The last couple months I've had a self portrait drawing/painting in an awesome coffee shop in Oakland named Remedy Coffee. The whole way I even became connected to the curator/barista was when after the first time I went there with my friend mark for coffee, proceeded to shamelessly hit on her, with the prospects to ask her out. She misinterpreted my efforts as an artistic interest in the space and asked if I wanted to be put on the mailing list of upcoming show opportunities. Rather than explain the misunderstanding I decided to take this new direction, as it was in keeping with my new years resolution to promote my art for a change. It's funny that when I finally get off my duff to do so it's only because it came as an accident to my much more exercised lecherous philandering.

Anyway flash forward a couple months and I was included in this self portraits group show, and and now currently hanging a solo show to be up for the month of November. More on that later!

For now here are some photos of my piece in the last show and the space:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive