Thursday, May 07, 2009

In the High School Over the Hill


We can live in that old high school over the hill
i'll take care of you
you can kiss me in the morning if you like
on sundays we can sleep late
tell stories or just lay around like lazy cats
we can swim in the lake when it's warm
and cut each others hair if you show me how
we can keep rabbits
and plant tomatoes
i can sew a little
if we tear our clothes
and make a fire
if it gets cold

i bet we can find an old piano if we look
and play it if we get bored
i know sometimes you like to be alone
and you worry about things you don't tell me
but i'll do my best to help you if i can
i'll draw circles on your back when you can't sleep
and promise to wake you when you have bad dreams

remember when we went walking in the woods behind your house?
we found that dead bird and you cried
i think about that sometimes
and i know sad things will sometimes happen
but as long as you want me
i'll stay with you
we can live in the old high school over the hill
and figure out life together.


_____________________


This may be too cheesy-sweet and gag inducing even for me. Which is really saying a lot. Probably one of those pieces I'll look at in a couple months and shake my head and wonder how I can be so indulgently sappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive