Friday, June 06, 2008

New Speakers + Amp Combo = Contentment

I’ve had these amazing monitor speakers
sitting idle in my apartment(s) for two years,
going to waste because I didn’t have a receiver or amp
that could deliver enough juice to power them.

The speakers would just mock me from the end of the room every day
leaving a small pit in my stomach.

I eventually found an audio equipment store/sales person
who had experience with the same speakers
and recommended a moderately priced amp
that complemented the speaker's sound perfectly
.
I brought the speakers to the store to sample the pairing
and was completely blown away by how incredible the sound was.

I have re-discovered all the music I own,
finally hearing it at the fidelity I’m used to with my Grado headphones
but in the open air of my apartment,
no longer leashed to my computer.

I now know the pleasure of listening to Beatles while cooking,
Nick Drake while drawing, Rachel’s while taking photos etc.
It’s amazing.
I don’t watch movies or play video games anymore,
in fact I don’t think I have turned my television on in months,
it's interesting how really high quality audio trumps most other leisure activities.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive