Sunday, June 08, 2008

I Am Now a Home Owner.
(err… condo owner?)


I bought a two bedroom/bath apartment in Culver City
recently,
at significantly below market price.
That’s the good news.
The bad news is my shady real estate agent didn’t think it worth mentioning
that I am required to live in the apartment for the first year of my ownership.
So my plans on staying in my awesome studio apartment near work
and renting out my new apartment has been usurped by her wily shenanigans.

So I’m currently packing up my stuff and getting ready to move.
Luckily I don’t have very much,
and have moved so many times already I got the operation on lock down.
The only problem is that every time I move I have more books then I did previously.
It's gotten obscene,
More than half of my moving boxes are filled with them, and rather heavy.
Oh well, books give so much and ask so little, I guess it’s not a big deal.

*update*

I moved yesterday,
and after taking a shower in my abandoned old apartment,
went home to the non-electricity-having new apartment to sleep.

This morning was surreal
as I woke up in the middle of my spacious new living room
confused about how to feel.
A weird soup of emotions, something akin to borscht or gazpacho.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive