Sunday, May 18, 2014

2014 New Years Resolutions

Which also double as my "Hey man you turned 30, time to get it together resolutions."

I forgot to post this months ago when I wrote them, but here they are:


■Become proficient in oil painting
                  Paint portraits at least 5
                  Paint plein air environments at least 10
                  Focus on correct color matching for an optical retina effect with values/colors
                  Do at least two nema painting in oil

■Paint at least 3 full size guache imaginative paintings (probably nema images)

■Have an outfitted art space
                  Consider getting drafting table, easil, pochade box, large paper cabinet

■Move

■Get a nice job.

■Change website design
                  Look into template website companies
                  Look into html 5


■Sculpt maquettes
                  Nema
                  Eel monster

■Animate 2d nema cycles, run, walk, playful

■Become capable in the fundamentals of Brazilian Jujitsu

■No platues.

Climb v5’s

Get chess rating to 1600

■Plant garden (even if herb only)

■Update reel
                  Learn vray and recreate fry scenes
                  Finish dilapidated building scene and render
                  Create a rigged 3d character

■Story board two stories

■Write out in long form all stories

■Finish formatting and copying lifetime notes

■Go snowboarding at least once

■Sail at least once

■Don’t convince people rule

■Cube diet

■Don’t come off cynical/negative

■Learn the fundamentals of Japanese joinery

I striked through the ones I've completed already. A few words about those:

I moved a few months ago to a beautiful spot at the top of the Berkeley hills. I've filled my place with potted plants (The ones from the Nasa list of top air producers/cleaners), fireplace, an elaborate new lighting rig I made, art space, vegetable garden I've planted, hammock, roaming deers, cats, squirrels, and the fattest birds you'll ever see. I'll eventually post some photos.

I also finally updated my website. Though in the process of using squarespace and pointing my url to it, i've broken all the links to my various uploaded content/picutures that I used to use to inject images etc. into html code here and elsewhere on the internet, so I still need to figure out a way around that.

I've been taking Brazilian Jujitsu classes since the start of the year, and am loving it. I'll post about it separately, but suffice to say I've been shocked at how rewarding it is, and how much it's transformed my body and diet.

I've begin bouldering V5s at the gym and hope to be pretty consistant with them by the end of the year.

I planted my first garden! It was great, I don't know why I waited so long. Hopefully in another couple months i'll have lots of great produce from it.

I took a class in Japanese joinery, from a real master of the craft. I'll post about it in full later, but it was so incredibly rewarding to learn the tools and to make the basic joints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive