Monday, December 12, 2011

No Talking Tuesday # 219

I made a mistake! FRIGGGG.

Monday nights I teach a digital painting class that goes until midnight. My students don't know about my no talking Tuesdays, and so to spare them the awkwardness, I leave class a few minutes early so that I can safely say goodbye to them before midnight.

This week however I was so wrapped up in a character painting that I didn't notice it was past midnight. My teacher's aid called out to me that it was ten past twelve, and then in the shock of suddenly being pulled out of my painting, I said out loud to the class "Oh! Okay, class is over, see you all Wednesday."

I then realized that not only was class over but that it was Tuesday and that I just spoke past midnight.. I silently cursed myself and began nervously packing my things. I know that the end of class is my student's favorite time to start asking questions and to get my feedback on their paintings. And this time it was no different. Somehow I managed to get through a few such "conversations" with artful use of hand gestures, thumbs up signs and the like. It wasn't totally effective though and a couple of them sensed something was weird, but probably just thought I was acting annoyed or dismissive...

Oh well, I'll have to be more careful in the future with my late Monday classes.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:24 PM

    Post more content, slacker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know sorry! I'm going to be posting a bunch-o-stuff the next couple days.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive