Sunday, November 13, 2011

Coffee Shop Impulsive Ask Out


I was tutoring one of my students at a nearby coffee shop when my eye kept being drawn to an attractive woman sitting nearby.

When the tutoring session was over, and I was walking home, I kept feeling the stabbing anxiety of "What if?", and turning on my heel, I marched back to the coffee shop, my head conjuring up whimsicality, confusing it with neurotic creepiness and vice versa.

I resolved to write a little note and give it to her, in an effort to be as non confrontational as possible, not wanting her to feel cornered and overwhelmed. Below is a copy of the note:





I sat beside her and introduced myself, and handed her the note. She was surprisingly warm and disposed to conversation, and without diving into the contents of the note just began talking with me quite naturally. I still felt a bit nervous about being so forward and didn't want to assume she didn't have anything better to do. So after a few pleasant witticisms I excused myself and walked home free of the nagging anxiety I had before.

Of course nothing came of it, but I did what I could!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive