Thursday, September 08, 2011

Cast Iron Chastisement


Conversation I had recently about cast iron cookware:


bob: !!!!!!!

me: !!!

bob: how's it going?!
i just bought a nice cast iron pan and a cast iron wok!

me: hope it's not lodge brand!

bob: oh good lord!!
i don't want to know why!
OKAY?
GOT IT?

me: IS IT

bob: I WILL NEVER TELL

me: WORTHLESS

bob: YOU ARE MEAN

me: reality
DEAL WITH IT
should have done research!
instead of just being a consumer whore!

bob: people have said good things about them!!!

me: people are idiots!
that's all they know
griswold, and wagner
you could have asked me
instead of a bunch of yuppie morons

bob: well it's too late now dammit

me: walmart sells lodge

bob: oh no
that is depressing
STOP
I TOLD YOU NO

me: you know how many people have tried to suck up to me telling me they bought cast iron,
only to discover they bought lodge
MANY
you're just perpetuating and rewarding low quality, absence of history, tradition, craftsmanship etc.

bob: oh good lord

me: for some cheap manufactured crap!
that people are so estranged from real quality to even realize they're being ripped off!
ten minutes of google research is all it would have taken to teach you what you needed to know
SHAME ON YOU

bob: you are a wild man!
never been so berated over the internet!

me: you deserve this and more!
you think good taste is cheap and easy!

bob: well, im not saying what i did was right

me: give them away and do it right!
stop dicking around!
get your life together!

bob: oh my god
grrrrr
now i have to buy MORE pans
you're right though and i really hate when you're right

me: ALWAYS

1 comment:

  1. I love and related to this post so much i saved it. still pulling it up in 2020. Put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive