Sunday, June 19, 2011

Before & After

A little while back a friend of mine asked me if I was interested in contributing a story to the first episode of his radio show.

He was trying to figure out a common theme for the stories he was soliciting from various friends/artists/writers. I suggested he make the theme "Before and After", a moment that split your life definitively into two periods, a moment of maturity, consequence, revelation, etc.

My moment was the first time I asked out a woman I didn't know. It is the story of a bewitching woman who worked at whole foods near my work soon after I moved to L.A. And how I struggled to muster the courage to introduce myself and ask her out on a date. The experience was a revelation and forever changed me.

My friend ended up putting his radio show on hold, so I offer it here.

The whole adventure was inspired by a TV Eyes song, so I included the song here, to be listened to before the story



TV Eyes - She's a Study



Whole Foods Ask Out by Ali Jamalzadeh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive