Wednesday, May 14, 2008

No Talking Tuesday # 34


Made a mistake this Tuesday.
I was nodding off in a meeting at work
when suddenly a question was posed to me,
it took all my wits to simply regain my consciousness
enough to take stock of the moment
and comprehend the question,
that I completely forgot the rules of the day I woke to.
I blurted out the answer to the question
(I can’t relate it here
the way I normally would my not talking Tuesday mistakes
because it’s N.D.A. sensitive information).

Of course no sooner did I finish my answer
than I realized my error.
So did a handful of others in the meeting
and was met with expressions varying from
shame, disappointment, triumph, condescension etc.
a sad shameful moment.
My first public mistake.


No List this week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive